Bishop Letter Guidelines:
- This must be typed out. Handwritten letters, although heartfelt, cannot be accepted.
- Length is important. It cannot be MORE than one page. However, it must be at least 3 paragraphs.
- All letters are to be sent NO LATER THAN Tuesday March 31st at 5 pm.
- Please email all completed letters to FaithFormation@stedward.com for approval.
Example of Bishop Letter
Your Saint Name
Most Reverend Bishop
- Introduce yourself
- Your name, where you go to school
- Tell the Bishop why you are writing
- You are asking to complete your Sacraments of initiation through the Sacrament of Confirmation and therefore will become a fully initiated Catholic.
- What does it mean to you to make this Sacrament?
- Who was God at the beginning of this process and who is God to you now?
- Here you can share about some of your Confirmation experiences
- Also you can discuss those people and moments that have helped you grow in faith
Paragraph three (This is a mandatory component)
- A reflection of the Gospel passage (listed below) that will be proclaimed at the Confirmation Mass
John 7:37-39, Rivers of Living Water
“On the last and greatest day of the feast, Jesus stood up and exclaimed, “Let anyone who thirsts come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as scripture says: ‘Rivers of living water will flow from within him.’” He said this in reference to the Spirit that those who came to believe in him were to receive. There was, of course, no Spirit yet, because Jesus had not yet been glorified.
- When you hear this passage, what does it mean to you?
- Reflect on our Year 2 retreat theme, “I Thirst”. What does it mean to come to Jesus and have him quench your thirst?
- You can mention a moment on the retreat where Christ really became real.
- Write about the decision you’ve made to be confirmed and WHY
- Share about your big hopes to grow further in the faith
- How do you plan on being a disciple of Jesus in the future?
- End with asking to receive your Sacrament of Confirmation
Laura “Cecilia” Schuberg
Your Name with Confirmation Saint Name
Please note: This is a suggestion; please feel free to include more information and whatever you feel is most important. Please email this to the Faith Formation team in a word doc for approval: Faithformation@stedward.com